The General Course is designed for passionate and eager students who want to improve in all aspects of the Japanese language. This course is based on a balance between the four necessary skills of the language: Speaking, Listening Comprehension, Reading, and Writing. For each of the eight levels you complete, you will receive a certificate.
KAI has eight “levels” of proficiency. In addition to the regular eight levels, KAI has a very flexible curriculum
In KAI classrooms, we enroll young and enthusiastic students from all over the world.
KAI also provides opportunities to apply Japanese lessons in programs such as Free Talking, Leader’s Talk, Open Class, in essay writing workshops and in discussion workshops.
KAI Japanese language school is continually striving to embrace innovative, modern learning techniques. This is why we incorporate modern technology such as the iPad (shown above) into our curriculum. With KAI DLS (Digital Learning System), our original study materials have been transformed for a better learning experience and KAI is committed to constantly augmenting the learning platform.
KAI Japanese Language School offers optional classes for the current General Japanese Course to meet the needs of each student.
- JLPT Preparation Classes
- Business Japanese
|1 Term||10 weeks|
|Lesson Days||5 days a week (Mon. to Fri.)|
|1 Lesson||50 minutes|
|Lessons per week||20|
|Time||9:00-12:50 or 13:40-17:30|
* The class time cannot be chosen.
|Class Size||Max 16|
The orientation session given at the beginning of your term will introduce you to the support provided and explains the learning methods used at KAI. Academic support is offered by our experienced counselors in the program.
|Winter Term||Jan. 15 – Mar. 27, 2020|
|Spring Term||Apr. 8 – Jun. 22, 2020|
|Summer Term||Jul. 1 – Oct. 1, 2020|
|Autumn Term||Oct. 12 – Dec. 22, 2020|
- Summer break: Aug. 8, 2020 – Aug. 30, 2020
- 9:00 – 12:50 or 13:40 – 17:30
- 200 lessons per term, 20 lessons per week Monday-Friday, Four lessons per day (50 min. each)
- KAI DLS (Digital Learning System) fee includes the rental fee of an iPad Air2 with mobile connection as well as usage of the online learning platform and digital learning material. All the General Course students are required to use the iPad for their lessons regardless of possession of their own personal
non-iPad-tablets and/or PCs.
2020 Tuition and Fees (JP Yen)
|4 terms |
|Materials and KAI⋮DLS||32,000||24,000||16,000||8,000|
- Materials & DLS (Digital Learning System) fee includes KAI’s original digital learning materials, commercially printed books and various handouts as well as usage of custom-developed software and services.
- The cost required for extracurricular activities such as transportation and admission fees is to be paid by students on site.
All General Course students are required to use an iPad for their lessons. A rental iPad is available for a fee as listed above. If you wish
|8 times x 2 lessons/day||16,000|
|15 times x 2 lessons/day||30,000|
- You need to be enrolled in a KAI’s course in order to take optional electives. If you wish to take electives alone, please consult WAVE.
Application Misc. Fee (JPY)
|College Visa (Student Visa) Application Fee |
|Health Insurance (6 Months)||5,800|
|Health Insurance (9 Months to 1year)||10,000|
|WAVE’s Handling /Application Fee|
*Students in this course are qualified to apply for College student Visa for the study for more than 3 months. Please note that a high school diploma or equivalent credential is required for visa applications.